Final Fantasy X

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Final Fantasy X

Post by ThaliaAnderson on Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:19 pm

Yeah, well... I know that Kitty and I love it, so, it needs a topic.

What is your favorite aspect of this game? What makes it so unbelieably beautiful?

For me, it's totally the story. It's so sweet and sad, and even though it's love-focused sometime [though I don't get why people don't like that - maybe I'm just a total sap or something], it really draws you in and makes you understand the characters.

Like Kitty said before [at least, I believe it was you], you begin as a stranger to the world and game, just like Tidus, and you get to increase your understanding and knowledge of everything as you play. It's not like with other FFs where you're dropped in the middle of a war or something and are expected to immediately catch on to everything that's happening [that's what I didn't like most about FFXII - that old dude in the beginning explained everything to you, and it was harder to grasp with >>]. I really really love that. Plus, side missions and finding secret places and aeons is always fun. Of course, I always play with my handy dandy strategy guide beside me, but that's because I would neve be able to figure out those Cloisters on my own, hahha.

Like I said in my intro, I adore Yuna. She may not be a real fighter, tough kind of girl [like Tifa or whoever], but she's honest and strong-willed, and when it's all said and done, that's the best thing you can be, right? She's very pure in heart, and she knows what she has to do for the benefit of everybody else, even if it might make her sad. For instance? Being a summoner at all. She just wants to help her people. And again? Marrying Seymour. "If it makes the people of Spira happy, I'm happy." She puts everyone else before herself, and I really admire that about her. People think she's such an overused character, especially in vents and stuff, but that's because she's been through a lot, but she always keeps that smile on her face. I mean, her mom died when she was really little, and she lost her father when she was seven. I totally understand why she would be a sad character.

And don't even get me started on FFX-2. Some people think it was a rip-off and stuff of the original story and stuff, but I'm really glad that it got continued. I would have been really upset had the story been left at that, and Yuna left without Tidus.

My tumblr and youtube.
ThaliaAnderson
Admin

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/leecrew82

Back to top Go down

Re: Final Fantasy X

Post by Shattered on Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:09 am

I lurve FFX. The story is amazing. I believe Im really drawn into the sappy whole lovey dovey thing too lol. The characters you get drawn into them so well. Although I never got to finish the game D: I really loved it ^^
Shattered

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:37 am

I have said that, though I don't remember where. I really do thinks it's one of the best ways to start up a game. <3
The character development in this game really gets me. Every single character has some kind of development though it, and even more so though FFX-2. Especially Yuna.
I found that the FFX story is a little different from other Final Fantasies, it's never about saving the world. It's just about doing what you believe is right. The main goal is to defeat Sin, it never changes, it never wavers or segways. Destroy Sin, so it never comes back. And romance takes a back seat, it's not a driving force, yet it's there and it influences. It's really well balanced, personally.

It doesn't even bother me that I can kill Jecht in three hits.

And Yuna doesn't really need to be a fighter does she? She's all like, BAM i just fully healed you with one spell, my Magic is higher then Lulu's and hosnap! I'm gonna summon giant beasties to beat your ass! Haha, yeah, who needs fists at that point?

Death looks way cooler in this game, and it's actually a very effective method of destroying the opposition.

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaliaAnderson on Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:52 am

The Spiral of Death. That's what really threw me into the game, I think. I mean, you're definitely right when you say it's all about making sure Sin just doesn't come back.
And people could argue and say it is just about saving the world, but how can the world really be safe when everybody knows that you'll only be okay for a short while? The entire Sin aspect is really sad and heartbreaking, and that's what mostly drives the game. Everybody just wants to protect the people they care about - the Crusaders, the Summoners, the Guardians. Everybody is doing something to protect someone else. I really like that.

I also like the entire thing between Jecht and Tidus. It's really sad, but brings something to the game that you can't replace with anything else. Tidus starts off absolutely hating his father, but you realize that it's not because Jecht really ignored him or anything - it was because he just wanted attention from his mom, who never did anything when Jecht was around. I mean... I've never seen that in a story before. And then you realize that Tidus mostly hated his father for leaving him and his mom. And when he sees that it's because he was Braska's guardian, he begins to think a little differently - especially when he realizes that Jecht is Sin. And he stays true to his duty to kill Sin, even though it is Jecht. And Jecht is okay with that.

I really, really love that about this game.

My tumblr and youtube.
ThaliaAnderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackLolitarose on Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:19 am

I have never played Final Fantasy X (please don't throw watermelons on me! >_<) But that doesnt' mean I don't love it! The main reason I didn't play: I knew I would never be able to beat it. But I watched my brother play it a lot, so it's not like I don't know the story. And I love both Tidus and Yuna. They make such an awsome pairing. I may not be an expert like you awsome people, but hey... Just because you never get to play Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, doesn't mean you don't know what it was about. Anyway, I think FFX is one of the very best. Second only to IIIX. Yuna is a very strong character who I think anyone would admire...
BlackLolitarose

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/BlackLolitarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:56 am

See? Character moment, it's 'mazing.
Well, yeah, it's about making the world safer. And they think each time that Sin might not come back. Sin kills parents, there are so many orphans, just look at Lulu, Wakka, and Yuna. The whole game is plain tragic. Except Tidus, well, no. He turns into a giant tragedy at the end, and makes me cry.

@blacklolitarose - D: There is no FF -7. hahaha. Sorry. Did you mean FFXIII?
Yeah, my brother didn't really play it either, but that's cause he's seen me play so much he doesn't care to finish. Like, you don't have to play 365/7 days to know it was pointless to any kind of storyline. fdgkjbf I'm getting off topic.

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaliaAnderson on Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:05 am

365/7?
Are you referring to KH? XD

Hahah, I watched my brother play FFX when I was seven. Never stopped me from playing it a thousand times the day I turned eight.
Because I guess my mom realized there was no point in waiting until I was a teen, seeing as I already knew everything. XD

I have to tell you though, when I first learned that Tidus was a dream, I was so heartbroken, because I knew that meant he and Yuna probably wouldn't have a happy ending, like they deserved. [My brother of course, could care less about the romance >>] And then at the end, I was just sobbing because I was so upset over everything. I was already upset over Tidus' sob-scene, and then they hit you with the sledgehammer of "HEY GUESS WHAT? HE DOESN'T REALLY EXIST, SO HE HAS TO LEAVE AND UPSET THE NATURAL ORDER OF HOW THINGS SHOULD BE."

Ugggghhhhhhh. ._.

My tumblr and youtube.
ThaliaAnderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:21 am

Yes, I was. P:

Same here. But of course I have to ply FFX-2 before FFX. >:l I swear I'm just challenged. So I knew Yuna would be fine, but Tidus was plain heartbreaking. I was like, "OMG that's the guy she was looking for!!!" Wait no! He's WHAT? *cries profusely for hours* Cause you know, Aroun being sent had already sent me into the crying wagon.
Yeah, I don't think I've ever cried so much at a game. :l

I'm gonna make a meme real quick. I really hope it hasn't been done yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackLolitarose on Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:23 am

Okay.. I am confused... (well that's not out of the ordinary) Final Fantasy seven. There is a seven, right? The one with Cloud, and Aerith, and Sephiroth. PLEASE don't tell me that what I've believed to be true for two years is now going to slap me in the face, and make me accept how stupid I am!
BlackLolitarose

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaliaAnderson on Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:32 am

You mean, FFVII?
=P

Ahhhh, don't even get me started on Auron! I was sooo upset over that! Watching the scene where Yunalesca struck him down and killed him... I was so hurt by that! And I'm not even a huge fan of Auron, like a lot of people tend to be. I had been wondering why he wouldn't go into the Farplane, and when I found out the reason, I was so sad about it. I was all like, "Poor Auron!"

And then at the end... he got sent! It was completely unfair. Though I have to admit, I silently cheered when Tidus got to see Braska, Auron, and Jecht at the end. I always had this great idea that Braska and Tidus got to spend some quality time together, hahah. =] I like that idea.

My tumblr and youtube.
ThaliaAnderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackLolitarose on Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:33 am

Oh wow... I figured it was something lame like that. I just messed up the numbers! ( facepalm)
BlackLolitarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Shattered on Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:36 am

The ending was so emotional. I was like nuuu! Tidus is leaving D: and then it really got me when Yuna runned through him. D: and hes all fading away Sad such an emotional story
Shattered

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:47 am

Look look what I made! D:
I'm pretty sure I got the order right.

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaliaAnderson on Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:50 am

Hahah! That pretty much is the greatest summary of how the fans felt during that ending.
I especially like the last panel. =] It's good to know I wasn't the only one wanting to throw a pillow at my TV afterwards.

Was I the only one who was so upset I had to go eat an entire pint of ice cream to make me feel better? And even then, it was salty and gross because my tears kept getting in it. >>

My tumblr and youtube.
ThaliaAnderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackLolitarose on Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:21 pm

Hello! I need some help if you can offer it!
I was at the blue laguna website, looking through FFX videos. However, I've never played the game, so that makes finding what I want a lot harder. But I was looking anyway... Thing is, I can't find any CG videos! You know. The ones best for AMV making. I found one, and I think it's the first video with Tidus, where he's on some kind of ship???
But I've seen others for X. There's one where Yuna is walking on the water, and doing cool stuff, and the the one with Yuna and Tidus's first kiss, AND the ending video! (or at least, the part where Tidus leaves and Yuna walks through him.
If you know the names of any of these videos, I would really appreciate the help. I don't really need the download link (unless you can easily get it for me). I just need the title of the videos, cuz I was looking through, and I COULD look through everything, but I'm not even sure I'm in the right place. Please help if you can! >_<
And I'm putting this here, because it's relevant to Final Fantasy X.
BlackLolitarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifa326x on Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:27 pm

FFX isn't actually my most favourite of the final fantasy games. I mean, the story is rather good with the whole summon aspect, but...Yuna and Tidus annoy me x'D But thats just my personal opinion. My most favourite character from FFX, has to be Auron. He's so mysterious and so badass to have in your party lol

FFX-2, gah...that was terrible x'D

*Is a dedicated FF7 fan*
Tifa326x

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/tifa326x

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaliaAnderson on Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:48 pm

Rose, the CGs are mixed in with the regular cutscenes on BlueLaguna. However, when you scroll to the bottom of the list of FFX FMVs, there starts a list of scenes that don't have numbers [the last one before this is "53 - Ending (Credits)"]. The ones listed there are all the CGs, without the other in-game scenes. They're in alphebetical order, though - not according to where it shows up in the game.

The first one is "A Summoner is Born". =]

Gen, Auron is so cool. XD I was so excited when he showed up in Kingdom Hearts 2. He's just wise and smart and knows pretty much everything, hahah. I cry every time I get to the part about him and Yunalesca, though. D:

My tumblr and youtube.
ThaliaAnderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:49 pm

@rose ~
ALL THE CUTSCENES ARE GOOD IN VIDEOS. :l Anyway. I guessing you mean the high-res scenes.
You'll want to go hurr, and scroll past the first list (the four digit numbers). The next list (double digits) 01-53 are all of the high-res only scenes.

Technical: CG means Computer generated, the whole game is "CG." The high-res cutscenes are ones like the ending, the kisssing scene, the dance, ect. Low-res are everything else; Watching the sunset, listen to my story, ect.
Also, I think this would have belonged in the editing section. I may be wrong.

EDIT: I didn't see the second page when I had posted. >.>
I don't know about anyone else but the non-numbered ones never worked for me.
I loved X-2. I thought it answered a lot of questions is you cared to think about it. But, haters gonna hate.

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackLolitarose on Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:05 am

Thanks you guys!
@Kitty: Yeah. I totally get that all the scenes are good to use. So why wouldn't I want to? Well, first off, I'd rather not take three hours to sift through all those scenes to find the ones I want. (don't know about you, but I'm lazy)
And I don't think I'll ever make an AMV especially for FFX. I might mix it in at places. To me, the funnest way to do that would be to use the High-res scenes. (The regular scenes don't have the best graphics.)
And yeah, i'm not good like you with all the computer terms. But thanks for helping me learn!
Sorry, if this has all been a big annoyance!
BlackLolitarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:26 pm

So, I'm curios. For those of you who have played the game, what's your favorite party? Like, your power party?
I use Yuna, Lulu, and Tidus as much as I can. Which is pretty much constantly.

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaliaAnderson on Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:25 pm

It depends a lot for me, actually. When I'm running around Spira, collecting monsters for the arena, I use Wakka, Auron, and Tidus. For regular stuff, I go with Yuna, Tidus, and Auron a lot. Yuna to heal and cast black magic (since I teach her a ton of spells and stuff), and then heavy hitters. Though sometimes, when I'm trying to level people up, I just have everyone take a hit, and then switch them out for someone else and go around in a circle like that, so everybody gets some EXP. Though generally, I stay with Yuna, Tidus, and Auron.

What about the sphere grid? Where do you generally take Kimahri at the start?

My tumblr and youtube.
ThaliaAnderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:10 pm

I used to take Kimahri into Tidus's grid first, But now I just stick him into Wakka's. You get power and accuracy. Though, I drop kick him out of my party after the whole Biran and Yenke fiasco, in favor of more specialized characters. Come to think of it, that's about where I stop using Wakka too.

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaliaAnderson on Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:15 pm

Ahhh, see, I almost always have him go down either Lulu or Rikku's path, and I don't know why. I guess I pick Rikku a lot so I can be stealing things before Rikku actually joins the party. But no wonder I've always seen Kimahri's attacks as being so pansy. >>

My tumblr and youtube.
ThaliaAnderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:32 am

Yeah, his attacks are still pansy anyway. He still only does around 1000 dmg even though I'm at the point where Tidus take up the top half of the grid. -_-; Wait, that's cause I don't use ever use him. lawlz.

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaliaAnderson on Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:42 am

Well, that's good, because I was beginning to think that perhaps I was the only one who never used Kimahri, since it seems a lot of avid FFX players use him quite frequently...

Another thing I'm wondering - was I the only one who took FOREVER to kill that Sinspawn at Mushroom Rock because I really wanted to see Seymour's Overdrive? X) I mean, I was using potions to heal and having Yuna take a whack at it, and then having Auron beat up on Yuna JUST so that I could see it. And then it wasn't even that awesome. >>

My tumblr and youtube.
ThaliaAnderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next